University of Amsterdam Scholarships 2024-2025
Are you looking forward to having an opportunity to study at the University of Amsterdam? if yes! then, The University of Amsterdam (UvA) aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. For that reason, it has established the several University of Amsterdam Scholarships specifically designed to offer talented and motivated international students the opportunity to pursue a degree at the UvA. in this article, we will be reviewing in detail the necessary requirements and eligibility criteria an applicant needs in applying for the scholarship.
At the Amsterdam Business School, they guarantee scientific research and business and management education that has a societal impact and high quality. They offer an inspiring and leading internationally oriented academic community with a strong belief in key values like open-mindedness, independence, critical thinking, and balancing our entrepreneurial attitude with corporate engagement and social responsibility. They take their learners seriously and are committed to encouraging them to develop their professional and personal capacities to their full potential, aiming for excellence.
Eligibility Criteria for the University of Amsterdam Scholarships
An applicant is eligible for the scholarship if he or she:
- hold non-EU/EEA passports.
- not be entitled to receive a Dutch study grant or loan (“Studiefinanciering”).
- not be eligible to pay the reduced tuition fee rate for EEA students at the UvA;
- do not receive a full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the Amsterdam Scholarships
- have been (or will be) admitted to the (Master’s) program of Medical Informatics at the AMC -UvA.
How to Apply for the University of Amsterdam Scholarships
Applicants wishing to apply for the University of Amsterdam scholarships should upload their application to the International Office via the Digital Student Service Desk. Only serious applications will be taken into consideration.
- Start with your application for a master’s program. For instructions on how to apply for a master’s program, please go to Application.
In your MyInfo application form, you will find the option ‘apply for a scholarship’. Tick this box and submit the (complete) application form before the deadline.
- Download the scholarship application form below and follow the instructions in the document. You are asked to include a motivation letter, your cv/resume, the academic background of your caregiver(s), transcript of records including your GPA and diploma (if you have already finished your degree).
- Make sure to save your application form as a PDF file according to the format Firstname_Surname_UvAnetID_Scholarship_Application.
Once you have your application form filled in and ready, submit your application via Qualtrics
Application Requirements for the University of Amsterdam Scholarships
The best candidates are selected for University of Amsterdam Scholarships on the basis of their academic excellence, promise in the field, and financial situation, as evidenced by:
- A high BSc GPA is expected, at least 8.0 (out of 10) or 80%.
- Motivation letter: use no more than 300 words to tell us why you deserve the University of Amsterdam scholarships and how this scholarship will help financially.
- Information on your financial situation, to prove your financial need. You must submit proof of family income: the most recent income tax statement(s) for both parents/guardians or 3 recent salary slips indicating gross income. Include records of any other income such as benefits or pensions in English. If the documents are in another language, please include a translation of relevant parts, no official translation is needed. Upload in one document. This information will be kept strictly confidential (additional information can be requested after application).
- Proof of English proficiency (if applicable)*:
- TOEFL IBT: overall score of 100 (minimum score of 22 in each component, higher subscores give you an advantage);
- IELTS (Academic test): overall score of 7.0 (minimum score of 7.0 in each component, you can apply with a subscore of 6.5 but higher subscores give you an advantage);
- Cambridge Assessment English: Certificate in Advanced English: 190 points overall and in each skill or Certificate of Proficiency in English: 190 points overall and in each skill.
- GMAT/GRE** test (if applicable) with at least the expected scores for the program, see admission and application info for the program. A high score gives you an advantage.
*You are exempted from taking the English test if you have a secondary school diploma from a school located in and accredited by the respective authorities in Australia, Canada (except Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, the UK, or the US. See all exemptions on the program website.
* You might be exempted from the GMAT/GRE based on mutual agreements from these universities.
Application ends in November 2024
Kindly Click Here for detailed information on University of Amsterdam Scholarships