City University of Hong Kong Scholarships 2024-2025
City University of Hong Kong Scholarships is welcoming applications from local and non-local as well as international students, regardless of whether you are studying in Hong Kong or overseas to apply for their annual scholarship opportunity given to students to study in Hong Kong. The University identifies high-caliber students with outstanding academic and/or non-academic achievement for the entrance scholarships upon successful admission; students do not have to submit applications separately. Entrance scholarships are available for both local and non-local students. The University offers various types of entrance scholarships for non-local students with excellent academic performance who are admitted to full-time government-funded bachelor’s degree programs. The University will identify high-caliber students for the entrance scholarships based on academic merit upon successful admission; students (applicants) do not have to submit applications separately. This article has been constructed to provide to our readers and potential candidates with the requirements and eligibility criteria an applicant must hold in applying successfully for the scholarship.
Benefits of City University of Hong Kong Scholarships
Three types of scholarships are offered to international students:
- Top Scholarships of HK$180,000, covering annual tuition fees, on-campus accommodation, and living expenses
- Full Tuition Scholarships, covering annual tuition fees.
- Half Tuition Scholarships, covering half of the annual tuition fees.
- Diversity Grant of HK$30,000 per annum for students admitted from underrepresented nationalities except for Top Scholarship recipients.
List of Scholarships for City University of Hong Kong
Chow Yei Ching School of Graduate Studies Scholarships
(Applicable to government-funded students only)
The purpose of Chow Yei Ching School of Graduate Studies Scholarships is to recognize and reward students who demonstrate outstanding academic performance. All students who are within their (normal) period of study and have undertaken their current MPhil/Ph.D. studies for at least one full year are eligible to apply for the Scholarship. The Scholarship is a one-off cash award and students will be presented with a certificate of award issued by the school.
Outstanding Academic Performance Award
The purpose of the Outstanding Academic Performance Award for research students is to recognize students with outstanding academic performance in their research studies. All research degree students who have completed at least one full year of MPhil/Ph.D. studies and are within their (normal) study period are eligible to apply for the award. The award is a one-off cash award and students will be presented with a certificate of award issued by the school.
Outstanding Research Thesis Awards
The purpose of the Outstanding Research Thesis Awards is to recognize and reward research students who have produced a thesis of outstanding quality and achievement in their relevant research area. The school will identify the theses that satisfy the award criteria and forward the cases to the relevant Departments/Schools, which will be invited to confirm their suitability for the award. On receipt of confirmation from the Departments/Schools, the students concerned will be granted the award.
Chow Yei Ching School of Graduate Studies Outstanding Doctoral Research Award
The purpose of the Chow Yei Ching School of Graduate Studies Outstanding Doctoral Research Award is to recognize exceptional work by Ph.D. graduates and to encourage the highest levels of research and writing. Only awardees of the Outstanding Research Thesis Award will be eligible to compete for the award. Each awardee will receive an award certificate issued by the school and a one-off cash prize of HK$20,000.
Application Requirement for City University of Hong Kong Scholarships
The documents to be submitted in support of your application are listed under the “Supporting Documents” section in the online application. Please note the following while you are preparing the required documents.
- Please upload the required supporting documents for your academic and/or professional qualifications (such as academic transcripts and award certificates, examination, and English test results) before submitting your application. Documents unrelated to academic qualifications (e.g., HKID card) need not be submitted.
- Submitted documents will not be returned.
- Transcripts and certificates that are not in English should be accompanied by an official certified translation.
- It is your responsibility (including CityU students) to provide full information to facilitate the evaluation of your application. Incomplete submission may delay the processing of the application.
- Selection decisions will mainly be based on the qualifications set out in your application. Additional information and documents provided to the University after the commencement of the selection process may or may not be considered, at the discretion of the relevant department.
- Original documents (including CityU qualifications and public examination results) should be presented for verification at a later time upon request by the University. Provision of any false or misleading information or failure to supply the original document for verification will lead to disqualification of the admission application and any offer or enrolment made will be rescinded. All fees paid will not be refunded.
Application ends in November 2024
For more detail, click here to be directed to the City University of Hong Kong Scholarships