Indonesian Government Scholarships 2024-2025
Have you been praying for a scholarship to study at the university of your dreams? Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified international students from developing countries for the Indonesian Government Scholarships 2024-2025. The Indonesian Government Scholarships is open for both undergraduate and postgraduate candidates. This article brings to the notice of interested applicants the required documents and step-by-step guidelines an applicant needs in the application for the scholarship.
The Government of the Republic of Indonesia is annually offering the Darmasiswa Scholarship, a non-degree scholarship program offered to all foreign students from countries that have diplomatic relationships with Indonesia to study Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian Language), art, and culture. Participants can choose one of the selected universities (59 universities) located in different cities in Indonesia. This program is organized by the Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC) in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA). The scholarship will be awarded to 650 applicants. The main purpose of the DARMASISWA program is to promote and increase interest in the language and culture of Indonesia among the youth of other countries. It has also been designed to provide stronger cultural links and understanding among participating countries.
Benefits of Indonesian Government Scholarships
The following are the benefits an applicant derives from the Indonesian Government Scholarships:
- Living Allowance and accommodation
- Research and book allowances (will be given during the master’s Program)
- Health insurance
Indonesian Government Scholarship Objectives:
The following are the program objectives of the Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) Scholarship:
- To contribute to human resource development in developing countries.
- To promote deeper cultural understanding and to strengthen the relationship between developing countries.
- To improve Indonesian higher education institutions’ research capacity as a part of the national strategies in increasing the number of world-class universities in Indonesia.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria for Indonesian Government Scholarships
Each student has to fulfill these requirements as follows.
- Preferably Student.
- Completed secondary education or its equivalent.
- Minimum age of 17 years and not older than 35 years of age.
- Able to communicate in English and additional Bahasa Indonesia is required (Proven by English Language Proficiency Certificate: TOEFL/ TOEIC/IELTS or OTHER CERTIFICATE if applicable);
In good health as proven by Medical Certificate.
- Have basic knowledge of the field you’re applying.
How to Apply for Indonesian Government Scholarships
Please follow the following instruction to apply for the Scholarship:
- Recommendation letter from the Indonesian Embassy in the respective country
- Nomination letter from the respective government official (Ministry of
- Education, and other related Government Agency – should the applicant works for the Government Agency, or Embassy of the Applicant’s Country of Origin in Indonesia);
- 2 Academic Recommendation letters.
- Scanned passport (personal data page only) or birth certificate.
- Scanned bachelor certificate and academic transcripts (in English).
- Scanned TOEFL score certificate (or other English Proficiency Tests) obtained within the last 2 Years.
- Scanned Official Medical Statement (Official Diagnose) prepared by a certified physician.
Application Procedures Indonesian Government Scholarships
- Download the Invitation Letter (Available in the KNB Scholarship website).
- Submit the Invitation letter, Passport, Academic Certificates and Academic Transcripts to the Indonesian Embassy to acquire the recommendation letter.
- Complete the online application process.
- Selection Results Announcement. The Selection Results will be announced online via the KNB Scholarship Website and officially announced through the Indonesian Embassy publication network.
Application ends in November 2024.
To know more about Indonesian Government Scholarships, please visit official website: CLICK HERE