Turkey Government Scholarships 2024-2025
Start your study adventure in Turkey. Good news! Turkey Government Scholarship is currently open. In this article, we will explain in detail this scholarship, its benefits, and step by the step application process. Turkey Government Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is offered for undergraduate, master’s, and Ph.D. studies. Türkiye Bursary Scholarship covers a monthly stipend of up to 1600 TL per month, tuition Fee, return flight tickets, health insurance, and accommodation. Apart from providing educational opportunities of an international caliber as well as a wealth of knowledge and experience, Turkey also offers scholarships to outstanding international students from all over the world to study in the most prestigious universities in Turkey.
Turkey Scholarships is a government-funded, competitive scholarship program, awarded to outstanding students to pursue a full-time or short-term program at the top universities in Turkey. Turkey Scholarships aims to build a network of future leaders committed to strengthening cooperation among countries and mutual understanding among societies.
Turkey Government Scholarship will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- University and program placement
- Tuition Fee
- Return Flight Ticket
- Health Insurance
- One-year Turkish Language Course
- Monthly Stipend:
- Undergraduate: 1000 TL per month
- Master’s: 1400 TL per month
- Ph.D.: 1800 TL per month
Eligibility Criteria for Turkey Government Scholarship
For an applicant to qualify for Turkey Government Scholarship, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Required Language: English or Turkish
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Minimum Academic Criteria:
- Minimum academic achievement for bachelor’s degree applicants: 70%
- Minimum academic achievement for master’s and Doctorate degree applicants: 75%
- Minimum academic achievement for Health Science (Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmacy) applicants: 90%
- To be under the age of 21 for Undergraduate programs
- To be under the age of 30 for master’s programs
- To be under the age of 35 for Doctorate programs
- Citizens of all countries
- Graduates or applicants who are able to graduate at the end of the current academic year (before August 2022)
- Researchers and academicians
- Turkish citizens and those who have lost Turkish citizenship.
- Students already registered in Turkish universities at the level of study they are applying for.
- You should have a TOEFL or IELTS (The Test of English as a Foreign Language) certification. The certification is an international benchmark which shows that you are good enough to take a course at a university, if you want to study in English.
- It is recommended that you should show an official academic record, showing all certificates, courses, and grades which, you may have received in your academic career.
- You need to provide a letter stating your purpose in taking this scholarship program. If your Statement of Purpose requires improvements and the essential key points are missing in your SOP then, you may face rejection.
- Applicants should not have any health problems.
- Short-term scholarship programs may have additional application requirements, please check the requirements during the application period.
How to Apply for Turkey Government Scholarship
Please follow the following step by step instructions to avail Turkey Government Scholarship:
- Make an account on the website of the scholarship.
Applications can only be made individually through www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr by the candidates.
There are no institutions or persons authorized to apply for Türkiye Scholarships.
Candidates are strongly advised to carefully read the instructions and warnings in the application system.
Applicants are required to submit and upload the necessary documents to the application system.
Applications delivered by post, courier, or by hand will not be accepted.
Applications are free of charge.
Türkiye Scholarships include both scholarship and university placement at the same time. Applicants will be placed in a university and program among their 12 preferences which they choose in the application system
Fill the application on the website with the Required Documents.
Application Requirement for Turkey Government Scholarships
All candidates must submit the following documents during online application:
- A valid National Identification Document OR a valid Passport
- A recent Photo of the candidate (Please note that the photo you upload into the Application system must be a proper portrait of yourself, candidate photos which are not identifiable will undermine the evaluation of your application)
- National exam scores (required for candidates who do not possess any international qualification or certification)
- Diploma or temporary certificate of Graduation
- Academic transcripts (online screenshots and uncertified transcripts will undermine the evaluation of your application)
- International exam scores (GRE, GMAT, DELF, YDS, YÖS …etc. if required by the chosen university & program)
- Language test scores (if required by the chosen university & program)
- A research proposal and an example of your written work (for PhD applicants only)
Application closes in November 2024
For more details on Turkey Government Scholarships, click here