Russian Government Scholarships 2024-2025
Want to Study in Russia? The Russian government has finally opened its scholarship platform for all candidates who want to study in Russian universities on scholarship. We hereby provide you with all the steps in applying for the Russian Government scholarship.
International applicants, Russians living abroad, and immigrants can apply for state scholarships on the same terms as Russian citizens once they pass entrance exams or Uniform State Examination. The successful winners of the Open Doors are granted a free early admission at any Russian university, without entrance examinations and with tuition fees covered by the Russian Federation.
Coverage of Russian Government Scholarship:
LEVEL: Master, PhD.
DEADLINE: December 10, 2024.
FINANCING: Tuition fee waiving + monthly stipend.
OPEN TO: All nationalities
How To Apply for Russian Government Scholarships:
1. Find information about the selection of international applicants on the website Studyinrussia.ru.
2. Contact the united operator in your country and get information about available scholarships and fields of study.
An operator in a foreign country is:
• A representative office of Rossotrudnichestvo
• A representative of Rossotrudnichestvo at the Embassy of Russia
• A Russian Embassy.
3. Register on the website, fill out an electronic form and submit your application.
• Personal information (full name, date of birth, country of residence, e-mail and contact telephone number – you will receive updates about the status of your application)
• Profession, specialization or field of study you are applying for (you can change this information at any time before you have completed the relevant tests); Level of your current education
• Level of Russian.
You can choose up to six universities where you would like to study (from those universities available within the quota), but no more than three in one Federal Constituency; in Moscow and St. Petersburg – no more than two in each city. Indicate the university you like most of all as your first choice and list other schools in descending order according to your preferences.
• A copy of your passport (must be valid for at least 18 months from the date of your planned arrival in Russia) or a copy of your birth certificate
• Copies of documents/certificates confirming your current level of education and/or qualification received in a foreign state. All of the above can be submitted in hard copy to the united operator.
4. Wait for an invitation to participate in the selection process (interviews, tests, examinations).
Depending on the country, the operator can publish the schedule of interviews, tests and examinations on its website or e-mail you directly. Please address your enquiries regarding this stage to the office of the operator in your country. The tests and examinations are organized by a working group that will issue a list of results containing information about all participants and their scores.
5. Find yourself on the list of candidates (based on the results of tests/examinations).
6. If you are on the list of candidates, please prepare additional documents.
• A doctor’s certificate (medical certificate) confirming that there are no medical reasons not to accept you to a Russian university, including the results of an HIV test
• Copies of documents (notarized and translated into Russian).
Attach these documents to the electronic form and submit it online or deliver them in hard copy to the operator.
7. Wait for a letter/notification confirming your enrollment in the university and containing information about your next steps.
This information will be relayed to you by a representative of the united operator in your country.
Benefits Russian Government Scholarships:
Fundamental education Russia is a recognized leader in the training of mathematicians, physicists, chemists, engineers, programmers, doctors, as well as representatives of creative professions. Classical education is considered one of the strongest in the world. Every year Russian universities occupy leading positions in world rankings.
1. Price and quality
Russia has an optimal ratio of price and quality of education. In 2020, the cost of studying at the country’s universities on full-time bachelor’s programmes started at 83K rubles per year. We advise you to find out the exact information on prices directly from the university representatives – it depends on many factors, such as the duration, format and level of training, etc.
2. The opportunity to study for free
In Russia, there is an opportunity for foreigners to get an education free of charge. Every year the government of the Russian Federation allocates several thousand budget-funded places at universities throughout the country. At the same time, some categories of foreign citizens can enter budget-funded places and outside quotas on an equal basis with Russians. An additional opportunity to enroll for free is to become the winner of the University Olympiad.
3. Training under double degree program
Pay attention to joint program with international educational centers. In most cases, half of the training takes place at a Russian university and the other half in another country. Thus, you can get two diplomas from the leading universities at once.
4. High-tech campuses and laboratories
Every year Russian educational complexes open high-tech campuses and laboratories, with there is everything ready for your scientific achievements. Also, most Russian universities have their dormitories, often located close to academic buildings. The cost of living in them is usually quite affordable.
5. Adaptation program for international students
Russia is a multinational state on the border of Europe and Asia. More than 200 nations form the diversity of all spheres of life: culture, everyday life and religion. It’s all helps foreigners feel welcome. Universities also provide assistance as many have special adaptation program for students from different countries and support systems for new students.
Russian university students are eligible for several types of benefits. For example, full-time students can get a special transport card to travel via subway, bus or tram at a much lower cost. You will also have discounts on tickets to museums, theatres and cinemas.
For more information applicants are to visit the official website on