Australian Government Scholarships 2024-2025
Australian Government with intend to contribute to the development needs of Australia’s partner countries following bilateral and regional agreements has once again open its Scholarship awards system for all candidates all over the world for their long-term awards funded by the Australian Government, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. are now accepting applications. Candidates from developing countries, particularly those in the Indo-Pacific region, to pursue full-time undergraduate or postgraduate studies at participating Australian institutions and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions are to apply for the scholarship program. The research and study opportunities provided by Australian Government Scholarships enable the recipient to develop the skills and knowledge they need to drive change and contribute to development in their indigenous countries.
Benefits of Australian Government Scholarships 2024-2025:
The following are the benefits an applicant seeks to gain in winning a scholarship award under the Australian Government Scholarship.
• Candidates’ full tuition fees
• Recipients return air travel payment for a single round-trip economy class ticket to and from Australia.
• Applicants allowance payment to help with accommodation expenses, textbooks, and study materials
• Applicants living expenses basic living expenses paid at a department-determined rate.
• An Introductory Academic Program which is a required program before beginning formal academic studies that cover information about living and studying in Australia.
• An applicant’s health care provided for the duration of the award ensured that basic medical expenses are covered.
• Candidates’ fees for pre-course English may be available to students for training in-country and/or in Australia.
• Applicants’ additional academic assistance may be available to ensure a scholar’s academic success or improve their educational experience.
Eligibility Criteria for Australian Government Scholarships 2024-2025:
For an applicant to be eligible for the Australian Government Scholarship, this are the following criteria that must be met.
• Candidates applying for this scholarship program must be permanent residents of one of the eligible countries.
• An applicant must not be an Australian citizen
• If an applicant is applying for an undergraduate degree program, the candidate must have 12 years of education and if applying for a master’s degree program, the candidate must have 16 years of education.
• An applicant applying for a master’s degree program must be under 45. The applicants must moreover have a development impact plan.
• The applicant must be willing to return to his home country for at least two years after completing his degree program.
Universities accessible under Australian Government Scholarships:
The following are the host of universities listed under Australian Government cholarship for applicant to choose from.
• Deakin University
• Edith Cowan University
• Federation University
• Flinders University
• Griffith University
• Holmesglen Institute of TAFE
• James Cook University
• Kangan Institute
• La Trobe University
• Macquarie University
• Melbourne Polytechnic
• The University of Adelaide
• The University of Melbourne
• The University of New England
• The University of New South Wales (including ADFA)
• The University of Newcastle
• The University of Queensland
• The University of Sydney
• The University of Western Australia
• University College London
• University of Canberra
• University of South Australia
• University of Southern Queensland
• The University of Tasmania (including the Australian Maritime College)
• University of Technology Sydney
• University of The Sunshine Coast
• University of Wollongong
• Victoria University
• Western Sydney University
• William Angliss Institute of TAFE
Australian Government Scholarships Conditions:
These are the following condition which must be abided by the applicant for the scholarship award.
• All Applicants who wish to receive an Australia Awards Scholarship will sign a contract with the Commonwealth of Australia stating that they will abide by the scholarship’s terms.
• The successful Scholar must leave Australia for at least 2 years after completion of their scholarship. If they fail to do so will result in the scholar incurring a debt for the entire amount of their scholarship.
How to Apply for Australian Government Scholarships
• Applicants can apply by mail if they cannot submit your application online.
• Applicant must see their participating country’s profile for contact information to obtain a hardcopy application form and any other templates, such as referee reports (if applicable).
• Applicants can also apply online via the official website. https://www.dfat.gov.au
Application date and deadline
Full time or part time study application deadline is by April 2024.