Mexico Government Scholarships 2024-2025
Welcome to this blog where we provide you all the information you may need to apply for the Mexico government scholarship as it has announced to the general public both domestic and international students willing to study in Mexico on scholarship.
For years now, the Mexican cultural diplomacy has worked in different successful programs, such as the human capital training through scholarships for academic degrees awarding and research work performing in different areas of knowledge.
The Mexican Directorate-General for Educational and Cultural Cooperation, through the Academic Exchange Department, designs and manages the Ministry of Foreign Affairs´ Scholarship Program for Foreigners. The scholarships of the Mexican Government present two programs: the scholarship for academic studies and the scholarship for special programs.
The scholarships for academic studies are offered to take complete programs for Specialization, Master´s or PhD Degrees, and Postgraduate Research.
Likewise, the offer includes academic mobility for Bachelor´s and Postgraduate Degree. On the other hand, the scholarships for special programs are offered to take short-term fellowships addressed to Visiting Professors, Researchers in Mexico´s issues, Media Contributors, Art Production Fellowships, etc.
Benefits of Scholarship to Candidate:
The Mexico Government Scholarships covers the following for the applicant.
• Applicants’ monthly stipend of 4 times the minimum salary in Mexico City for undergraduate mobility scholarships, specializations, master’s degrees or master’s-level research, Spanish language or Mexican culture courses, currently the equivalent of $8,412.00 pesos (approximately US $546.234).
• Applicants’ monthly stipend of 5 times the minimum salary in Mexico City for doctoral studies and research, postdoctoral fellowships and medical specializations and sub specializations, currently the equivalent of $10,515.00 pesos (approximately US $681.90)
• Applicants’ registration fees and tuition, as established by the program at each institution (see the academic programs offered by the participating IES).
• Applicants’ health insurance from the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS), starting in the third month of the scholarship (the scholarship recipient must have health insurance that covers both major and minor medical expenses and provides international coverage for the first three months in Mexico).
• Round-trip international airfare at the beginning and end of the scholarship.5
• Applicants’ transportation from Mexico City to the host institution and back at the start and end of the scholarship, if studying outside of Mexico City.
Eligibility Criteria for Mexico Government Scholarships:
- Applicants having nationality from any one of the countries listed above are eligible to apply for scholarship.
- candidates currently not living in Mexico.
- Bachelors, Master’s or Ph.D. Degrees as required by the program for which the scholarship is requested.
- The scholarships will be awarded on academic excellence.
- Be accepted, or currently enrolled in a program of the participating Mexican institutions in the Call.
- The academic excellence of the candidate in the intended area of study.
- The intended field of study or specialization in Mexico is related to the applicant’s academic and job history.
- The area of study is important to and has a direct impact on the development of the applicant’s country.
- The program must relate to specific current or approved projects that have an impact on the development of the applicant’s country.
Requirements for Mexico Government Scholarships:
- Scholarship application form duly completed and signed.
- Letter detailing the reasons that motivate you to carry out the studies or research in Mexico. (Maximum 2 pages, with letter Arial size 12 and single line spacing).
- Curriculum vitae. (Maximum 3 pages, with Arial font size 12 and single line spacing).
- Letter of academic acceptance from the Mexican institution recipient or response of the HEI to the application for admission (see Requirements section of the acceptance letter).
- Letter of commitment to return to the country of origin.
- Letter of acceptance of the terms of the Call.
- Copy of the birth certificate.
- Copy of the valid passport in color and in open book format or government-issued photo ID.
- Copy of the medical certificate issued by a public institution or private health, with a maximum of 3 (three) months prior to the presentation of the application, indicating that the Applicant is in good health.
- In those cases in which Spanish is not the mother tongue of the applicant, must submit a copy of proof of advanced knowledge of the Spanish language issued by any university or educational center for its accreditation, that guarantees a minimum level of B2, within the Common Framework European Reference.
- Letter in which the applicant states under protest to say truth, that the information provided is true.
- All documents and forms must be in Spanish or submitted with translations into Spanish.
The last date to apply for Mexico Government Scholarships 2024 in Mexico for International Students is 24th July 2024
How to Apply for Mexico Government Scholarships:
There is an Online Application Portal to apply for Mexico Government Scholarship 2024-2025 in Mexico. Follow the given below instructions to apply for scholarship:
- Apply Online at Academic Cooperation Management System (SIGCA): https://sigca.sre.gob.mx
- The registration of applications must be in Spanish.
- The SIGCA portal will remain open to receive applications in the period between June 20, from 6:00 pm and until 11:59 pm Central Mexico time on July 24, 2024. For this, it is necessary that the documentation be attached in accordance with the indications of the System and of the scholarship to which you aspire.
- The request is made in a personal capacity and only one person will be accepted. application and registration per person.
- The applicant who has more than one nationality may submit a single application, which must correspond to one of the eligible countries in this Call. Is must be presented according to the nationality with which it will be accredited the applicant.
- Only applications that apply for a scholarship will be evaluated is within the academic offer of this Announcement.