Kingston University International Development Awards Scholarships 2024-2025
Kingston University International Development Awards Scholarships is inviting qualified applicants to apply for their annual scholarships that are given to brilliant but needy students facing difficulty in continuing their education. This article brings to the notice of all applicants the steps and guidelines as well as requirements needed in applying successfully for the scholarship.
International Development awards are scholarships worth £5,000 to successful international applicants joining us in January for their first year of study. Our international scholarships are partial scholarships. They are not guaranteed, nor offered automatically. They need to be applied for. This means that you must make sure you can cover the outstanding amount for fees and living expenses yourself.
Eligibility Criteria for Kingston University International Development Awards Scholarships
Candidates can apply for an International Scholarship if they meet all of the following criteria:
- you are an international student, classified as paying ‘overseas fees.
- you have received an offer for an undergraduate or postgraduate course at Kingston University
- you are not currently registered on a Kingston University degree or foundation course.
Application Requirement for Kingston University International Development Awards Scholarships
All the following supporting documents must be uploaded as part of your online International Scholarship application (we cannot accept supporting documents by email). Incomplete applications (those missing any of the required documents below) will not be processed.
- Academic Reference (from previous teacher or employer)
How they know you.
Why they think you deserve a scholarship (comments on your achievements or academic strengths).
Why they think you will be an asset to your course of study.
- Personal Statement (maximum 500 words)
Your academic strength and achievements
What do you expect to gain from studying at Kingston University?
How do you intend to use your experience and knowledge in the future
Your long-term goals.
- Academic transcript
If your final transcript will not be available until after the application deadline, you should submit your most recent transcript/worksheet with grades to date.
We will make a decision based on the grades that you provide on the transcript, not the grades that you expect.
Here is a timeline of the application process.
- You will receive a confirmation email as soon as you submit your application (same day).
- We will email all applicants with a final decision by mid-July (September intake) and early December (January intake).
- If any supporting documents are missing, you will receive ‘chasing emails’ (remember, we must receive all of the required supporting documents by the deadline).
- The Scholarship Committee makes the final decision on applications and does not correspond with applicants. The decision of the Committee is final.
Application closes in October 2024
Click here for detailed information on the Kingston University International Development Awards Scholarships.