Aberystwyth University Entrance Scholarship 2024-2025
Aberystwyth University Entrance Scholarship is open! good news! the university is pleased to invite undergraduate applicants to Aberystwyth University to sit for online Entrance Exams. You must submit your application form if you wish to take part. If taking the exams at your school/college, you MUST have obtained permission from your Exams Officer before submitting your application. Their name and e-mail address will be required in the application. You will need your UCAS Personal Identification Number (or a Personal ID supplied by Aberystwyth University if you did not apply via UCAS) in order to access the online system. Your UCAS Personal ID is a ten-digit number. If you are an international student who did not apply via UCAS, please enter the reference number which starts with a D or DE, detailed on your offer letter into the Personal ID field.
Benefits of Aberystwyth University Entrance Scholarship
Successful candidates will receive one of 3 levels of award:
1. University Scholarship – £1,000 a year plus an unconditional offer
- We have 50 University Scholarships to award to the candidates scoring the highest aggregate marks on both examination papers. Successful candidates receive £1,000 for each year of their course. University Scholarship holders also receive guaranteed accommodation in a university property throughout the length of their course.
- Merit Award – £1,000 in the first year plus an unconditional offer
We offer up to 100 Merit Awards each year to students who do well in the Entrance Examinations but narrowly miss out on attaining a Scholarship. Merit Award holders receive £1,000 during the first year of their course.
- Unconditional Offer
Strong performance in the Entrance Examinations can result in the University confirming your place without further conditions, resulting in an unconditional UCAS offer. Candidates who do not receive a Scholarship or Merit Award may be given an unconditional offer on the basis of their strong performance in the exams.
2. A guaranteed University place can take the pressure off other exam results.
3. Being awarded a Scholarship is a great addition to your CV.
How to Apply for Aberystwyth University Entrance Scholarship
- You can apply quickly and easily via the Online Application Form which will be live in November 2024. The closing date for applications is 20 January 2025. Late applications will not be considered.
- You MUST obtain your Exams Officer’s permission before submitting your application form to ensure they are able to make the necessary arrangements. We will need their name and email address as part of the application process in order to obtain confirmation and send exam instructions in due course.
- Applications outside of the UK will be considered on an individual basis. If international applicants do not attend an eligible school (eg an International School), there may be an option of sitting the exams at a British Council Office. Any such arrangements would be at the expense of the applicant, who would need to make all necessary arrangements directly with the British Council in advance of submitting their application form.
Aberystwyth University Entrance Scholarship Exams Process
- Entrance Exams are optional exams for students applying for an undergraduate degree scheme at Aberystwyth.
- Exams will usually be completed on a computer and submitted online. You will need access to a school/college computer/laptop with an internet connection and a web browser (preferably Chrome, Firefox, or Edge) and Microsoft Word.
- Exams may EITHER be taken at Aberystwyth University on Saturday, 11 February, OR at your school/college on Thursday, 9 February. You must ensure you obtain the permission of your Exams Officer before submitting your application.
- You will sit TWO exams from the choice of subjects we offer (the choice of exam papers must be approved by the Department you have applied to study at).
- Each exam lasts for an hour and a half and both exams are taken on the same day.
- The exams are set and marked by our academic departments so they don’t follow any particular syllabus but they should be a similar standard to A-level exams. We do not offer to mark schemes or feedback for exam papers.
- Successful candidates will receive up to £1,000 a year plus a guaranteed place to study at Aberystwyth University.
Application closes in January 2024
For detailed information, please contact the University here.