University of Rochester Scholarships 2024-2025
The University of Rochester welcomes all applicants across the world for its scholarship 2024-2054. All applicants are to apply for the program of their choice of study as the university runs over 250 courses for their students.
The University of Rochester is a research university located in Rochester, New York. If you are looking for a multifaceted research university with strong opportunities in the sciences and arts, then University of Rochester is worth considering. One of the notable features of the University is that the curriculum is open, meaning that students have complete independence over the courses that they choose.
The University of Rochester offers scholarships of both the merit-based and need-based variety.
Merit vs. need
Like many colleges and universities, the University of Rochester Scholarships 2024-2025 distinguish between two types of financial assistance: support based on merit and support based on need. A financial aid offer from the University often includes both types of aid.
• Comes in the form of scholarships
• Awarded by Arts, Sciences & Engineering
• Automatically reapplied to your financial aid package each year
• Comes in the form of grants, loans, work study, etc.
• Awarded by the Financial Aid Office
• You must reapply each year (since your family’s financial situation may change)
You should also know:
• Every application is individually reviewed so that factors such as assets, family size, and number in college are considered, in addition to the family income.
• We distribute merit-based aid regardless of a family’s demonstrated financial need.
• Like most private universities, Rochester uses an Institutional Methodology (IM) to calculate an expected family contribution (EFC). This means the EFC at Rochester will be different from that provided by other sources, depending on each family’s individual circumstances.
• Students who complete all application materials on time and are admitted to the University will receive a financial aid award letter shortly after their admission notification. Late applicants may not receive their award letter until after the May 1 deposit deadline, so keep track of deadlines.
Merit scholarships (merit-based aid)
The University of Rochester awards merit-based scholarships to first year and transfer students who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and potential, regardless of financial circumstances.
• Merit scholarship amounts range from $2,000 per year to full tuition.
• All admitted undergraduate applicants to the College are considered for merit scholarships.
• Merit scholarships are awarded to students during the admission process and renewed annually if satisfactory academic performance and full-time status are maintained.
• Students are eligible to receive only one scholarship.
Application Process for University of Rochester Scholarships
• Confirm your eligibility for the dependent children tuition waiver benefit
o 5 years, 6 years or 10 years of service depending on the benefit. If you are unsure, contact the Office via email: https://www.rochester.edu/
• Complete the online Dependent Children Tuition Waiver application
o Log into HRMS
o Self Service > Benefits > Tuition > Apply-Dependent Tuition Waiver
o Complete the application and hit “Submit”
• Dependent Children Tuition Waiver Process after submission
o The Office of Total Rewards will approve the appropriate waiver benefit and notify Financial Aid.
o Financial Aid adjusts the student’s account per the waiver benefit.
Submit the CSS profile by December 1, 12 a.m.
Submit the FAFSA by December 1, 12 a.m.