University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship (UMGF) 2024-2025
Has it been your ultimate goal to study in Canada? if your response is positive then, your dream has come through as the University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship (UMGF) has announced its scholarship award program opened every year for candidates to secure a scholarship to study in the University of Manitoba. This article however brings to the notice of interested applicants on the step-by-step procedure in accessing the scholarship.
Each year, more than $2 million dollars in university graduate fellowships are offered to full-time master’s and PhD students to recognize and support academic excellence. The fellowships are offered to students who have demonstrated superior intellectual ability and academic accomplishment.
Value and Duration
- UMGF master’s awards are valued at $14,000 per year for 12 or 24 months, for up to a total of $28,000.
- UMGF doctoral awards are valued at $18,000 per year for 12, 24, 36 or 48 months, for up to a total of $72,000.
- Departments/units determine the value and duration of an award and must meet the eligibility criteria as outlined in the eligibility table.
- Total maximum UMGF support for any individual graduate student is five years (60 months). This means that a student who has received a UMGF for two years in their master’s program will only be eligible for three years of UMGF funding at the doctoral level.
Eligibility Criteria University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship
Applicant must have a minimum admission GPA of 3.0 to be considered for this award. Please contact your department as they may have a higher GPA requirement.
To hold an award:
Students must have been admitted as a full-time student without provision or have cleared provisional admission as a master’s or PhD student in a graduate program at the University of Manitoba.
The UMGF is tenable in the department or unit in which it was offered at the University of Manitoba.
General Admission Requirements
To study as a graduate student at the University of Manitoba:
1. You must demonstrate English language proficiency
2. You must have a four-year bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized college or university with a minimum B average (3.0) in the last 60 credit hours or equivalent.
Some departments may have higher standards and additional criteria. These may include confirmation from a prospective supervisor; admissions tests such as the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT); and a statement of research interests or experience in the field.
Doctoral (PhD) program requirements
Master’s degree or equivalent from a recognized university and a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (B or equivalent) in the last two previous years of full-time study (60 credit hours) is the minimum requirement for admission to the PhD program. With special recommendation of the department, exceptional applicants with an honors bachelor’s degree may be considered for entry to PhD study.
How to Apply for University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship
The following are the steps an applicant needs to follow in applying for UMGF:
Step 1. Find your program
Step 2. Check requirements
Ensure you meet the university’s general requirements and any additional requirements of your program or those based on your applicant type.
Step 3. Check deadlines and apply online
Know your program application deadline, and make sure you understand which documents you need to submit with your application. Then you can apply online.
Step 4. Check application status, accept your offer, and register
After you apply, review the next steps and check your application status to make sure we have received all of your required documents.
Application closes December 2024
We hope that this article has been educative. for more information on University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship please visit the official website here.