University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship 2024-2025
Has it always been your ambition to study in Canada? if your answer is yes! then you are welcome as the University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship has been open for candidates to apply for scholarship to study in the university. This article serves as a helping guide in answering all your questions on the eligibility criteria, application process and application deadline for consideration by interested applicants.
The University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship is offered annually to international undergraduate students who are beginning their first year in any undergraduate program offered at the university.
This scholarship is a prestigious award that recognizes previous and outstanding academic achievements and other accomplishments of international students joining the university as undergraduates.
Eligibility Criteria for University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship
To qualify for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a new (first-time) undergraduate student at the University of Calgary
- Display evidence of academic merit based on your admissions average from high school
- Be registered in at least 9 units (full-time registration) in both the fall and winter Terms for the year the award is awarded.
- Demonstrate Financial Need based on the information provided in the online awards application.
- Show evidence of leadership skills, and participation in extra-curricular activities
- Be an international student who is required to pay a differential fee and who is not a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.20.
- Should have satisfied the university’s English Language Proficiency requirement.
- $15,000 annually (renewable)
- The total amount disbursed over 4 years of the undergraduate program is $60,000.
- The scholarship is renewable in the second, third, and fourth-year subject to achievement of a GPA of 2.60 or more over a maximum of 24 units in previous fall and winter terms.
- Recipients must also continue to pay an international differential tuition fee as international students.
- International students who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
How to Apply for University of Calgary international Entrance Scholarship
- First, apply for your undergraduate program at the university
- Next, apply for the Scholarship, following these steps:
- Access your Student Center in your myUofC portal.
- In your Student Center, click on the “My Financials” page.
- Scroll down to the Awards & Scholarships section, click on “Apply for Undergraduate Awards”, and follow the instructions.
- Pay attention to the Application Available and Application Deadline dates.
closing date for accessing application is November 2024