University of Malaya Scholarships 2024-2025
With over 4,000 international students enrolled in the University of Malaya, the University in Malaya is welcoming students from over 80 different countries to sign up for scholarships and financial assistance for 2024-2025 academic year. We have carefully listed in here all the processes in applying for the university of Malaya scholarships 2024-2025.
Also known for short as UM, this institution in Malaysia was established in 1905 as King Edward VII College of Medicine, but after the merge of the College of Medicine with Raffles College the University of Malaya which is located in Kuala Lumpur and Being Malaysia’s oldest institution was later renamed as University of Malaya since Malaysia was known at that time by this term “Malaya.” All the courses offered at the University of Malaya receive worldwide recognition and accreditation on an international level.
Details of Malaya Scholarships
• Host Country: Malaysia
• Host Institute: University of Malaya
• Scholarship Offered by: University Funded
• Course Level: Master, and Ph.D. in all Academic Fields
• No of Scholarships: More than 300
• Financial Benefits: Full Free Education
• Eligible Nationality: International Students
The deadline for application is August 2024
The list of subjects that you can study under these scholarships has been provided below:
• Health Sciences (Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing)
• information Technology & Multimedia Communication Law
• Data Science,
• Financial Technology (fintech),
• Visual Analytics,
• Big Data Analytics
• Arts & Social Sciences
• Built Environment
• Business Administration
• Engineering & Built Environment
Eligibility Criteria for the University of Malaya Scholarships
All applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria to be eligible for the scholarship program:
• Applicants’ tuition fee waiver.
• The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 or equivalent grade in relevant subject areas on a scale of 4 (Level 4, First Class Honors) or upper second-class honors.
• Only students who are currently pursuing the first year of their Master’s Degree at University of Malaya are eligible to apply.
• An applicant must have an offer letter from the University of Malaya before applying for the scholarship program.
• Applicants from any country can apply for this scholarship.
• Applications from candidates with high academic merit will be considered and successful applicants will receive an email confirmation that they are eligible.
Benefits of University of Malaya Scholarships
The following are the benefits a candidate receives in winning University of Malaya Scholarship
• Applicants monthly allowance of MYR 2,400 per month
• Recipients’ tuition fee waiver
• Applicants’ monthly stipend of RM2,500 and book allowance of RM500
• Applicants’ accommodation on campus or monthly hostel allowance of RM500
• International students One-time return airfare (economy class).
• Applicants research grant of RM 10,000 per annum.
• Opportunity to publish in accredited journal of choice
University of Malaya Scholarship Requirements
• An official copy of academic transcripts and certificates of the applicant
• An applicant’s copy of passport or another identification document
• 2 referee reports from the counselor or academic institution of the applicant
• prove of English Language proficiency
• A statement of purpose from the applicant.
• Applicants Passport size photograph
• An official copy of academic transcripts and certificates of the candidate
• A copy of passport or another identification document of the applicant
• 2 referee reports from counselors and teachers.
• Evidence of English Language proficiency of the applicant.
• Applicants statement of purpose/research proposal (maximum 2,000 words) indicating the following: Research area, problem statement, objectives, justification for research, proposed methodology and expected outcome.
• Applicants personal Details
• Family Details of the applicant.
• Educational Background and details of the applicant
• Employment History and achievements of the applicant.
• Candidates Reference letter from the University academic staff.
How to Apply for the University of Malaya Scholarships
The applicants can submit the online application form via the official website of Malaya University. The link to the online application is given below.
• Create an account and start your application by clicking Apply now on this page.
• Fill in the online application form and upload all required documents.
• Submit your application by clicking Submit at the bottom of each page.
For more information applicants are to visit the official website of the school provided below.
We hope to that this article has been of help to you.