The University of Manchester Humanitarian scholarships 2024-2025
Want to travel to the UK to study in one of the topmost Universities in the world? your dream has come through finally. This article has been adequately written to answer every question one will need as to the requirement of an applicant, application process, application deadline etc., as The University of Manchester Humanitarian scholarships has been opened for all international and domestic students.
The University of Manchester Humanitarian scholarships was created in response to the Russian invasion of Ukraine but are open to any international applicant who has been displaced because of armed conflict or is at serious risk of persecution or violence due to race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group or political opinion. The scholarship’ is fully funded. There are ten undergraduate and ten postgraduate-taught places on offer in the first year and successful applicants will have their fees, living expenses and visas covered. It is expected the scheme will cost around £5m a year to operate.
The University of Manchester is located in the United Kingdom, it is one of the best tertiary institutions in the UK with over 1,000-degree programs across humanities, Business, sciences and Engineering subject areas. The institution is ranked No. 28th in the world according to QS world university rankings of 2021, recruiters appreciate, and values graduates from the University of Manchester because they are highly employable; ranked No. 35th in the QS graduate’s employability rankings of 2018, the University beats a 94% employability rate, the institution has the highest percentage of international students in the UK, as many as 182 nationalities are present on campus.
Eligibility Requirement for University of Manchester Humanitarian Scholarship
The University of Manchester Humanitarian scholarships are intended to support individuals at risk, especially those fleeing armed conflict. The awards are intended for those who could not afford to study in Manchester without a scholarship.
- To apply for a scholarship, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be displaced inside your own country or have had to leave your home country because of armed conflict.
- be at serious risk of, or been the victim of, discrimination, persecution, suffering or violence on account of race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group or political opinion.
- be studying for a higher education qualification (at any level) in the UK for the first time.
- Be a new international student to The University of Manchester in the academic year 2024-2025.
When reviewing scholarship applications, the University selection panel will consider:
- The level of risk you are experiencing and how this is impacting on your ability to pursue higher education.
- Academic merit and potential.
- Demonstrated interest in the field of study.
- Your financial circumstances and if you have received funding from any other source to support your studies.
How to Apply for University of Manchester Humanitarian Scholarship
To apply for the scholarship, you must have already applied for your course of study, but you do not necessarily need to have received an offer to study. However, you must have received an academic offer (conditional or unconditional) by November 2024.
For undergraduate courses, you must apply through UCAS. You can find more information on our application process page. The final deadline for international students’ applications to UCAS is 20 November. For master’s level courses, there is no deadline, and you should apply online.
At this time of year some of our courses are already closed, so please check this list before you make your choices.
At the same time as applying for academic admission, you should make a separate application for the scholarship. Scholarship applications are now open for entry in November 2024
Application closes in November 2024
For more details on scholarships, kindly click here.