The University of Gloucestershire Academic Merit Scholarships 2024-2025
The University of Gloucestershire Academic Merit Scholarships once again has been opened and is inviting qualified applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing Scholarship program for this year. In response to the announcement of The University of Gloucestershire Academic Merit Scholarship, this article has been well crafted to enlighten applicants on the requirements and guidelines an applicant must know in applying for the scholarship.
The University of Gloucestershire was founded in the year 1834 as a public university, it is located over three campuses, two in Cheltenham and one in Gloucester, namely Francis Close Hall, Park, and Oxstalls. Recipients of the University of Gloucestershire’s Academic Merit Scholarship will receive a maximum of £1,200 spread across the duration of your degree course, with payments made (i) upon enrolment to level 4, (ii) upon progression to level 5, and (iii) upon progression to level 6. The University of Gloucestershire Academic Merit Scholarship is a grades-based award, designed to reward academic merit. UniofGlos hopes to encourage incoming UK undergraduates who receive the award to maintain a high level of academic achievement.
Eligibility Requirement of The University of Gloucestershire Academic Merit Scholarships
Eligible students will:
- have been in the care of a local authority in the UK for a period of 3 months or more between the age of 14 and school-leaving age (18 years)
- be a new entrant to the university for the 2025-2025 academic year.
- be entering their first year of full-time undergraduate study at levels 4, 5, or 6.
- be a ‘Home’ student for tuition fee purposes and be eligible for full tuition fees of £9,250.
- be aged under 25 at their point of entry.
- not hold an equivalent or higher qualification i.e., you must not already hold a qualification that is equivalent or higher to the BA/BSc degree that you will be undertaking.
- not be studying on a franchise, hybrid, or validated University of Gloucestershire course at another institution.
How to Apply for The University of Gloucestershire Academic Merit Scholarships
You can apply online:
Students must apply online for the scholarship and meet the University’s entry criteria. Demonstration of excellent work experience and/or a strong creative portfolio (if required) will be considered in addition to grades. An interview may be required.
If your application to the University of Gloucestershire has been a little last minute, don’t panic! The application deadline for a one-year course is nine months from the first day of your academic year.
All applicants must be final-year undergraduate students with a pass rate normally expected to progress onto postgraduate study. Students should be ‘self-funding’ and not those who are taking up employment and whose fees may be paid by a company sponsor.
Application closes in November 2024
For detailed information on this scholarship and more, click here to be directed to the official site of the university.