2024-2025 Scholarship for Vietnamese Students in the USA
2024-2025 Scholarship for Vietnamese Students in USA: Fulbright Scholarship Vietnam 2024-2025
The Fulbright Vietnamese Student Scholarship Program AY 2024-2025 in the United State of America (USA) is now available. The deadline for application submission is 17 April 2023, 5:00 PM (Vietnam time)
In Vietnam, the U.S. Mission has announced the Fulbright Vietnamese Student Scholarship Program for the academic year 2024-2025. Therefore, all those who wish to apply for the Vietnamese Students Scholarship program should prepare all the needful for the program.
Vietnamese Student Scholarship Program was established in 1946 and funded by the U.S. government, the Fulbright Program aims at advancing mutual understanding through academic and cultural exchange.
The Fulbright Vietnamese Student Program is a competitive, merit-based scholarship program that recruits and nominates young Vietnamese professionals for Master’s degree programs at U.S. universities. Approximately 20 fully-funded scholarships are granted on an annual basis. Since 1992, more than 600 Vietnamese students have been selected to participate in the Program.
What Does the Vietnamese Student Scholarship Program Provide?
All successful candidates for this scholarship program will receive a full scholarship that covers the following:
- Tuition and fees
- Monthly stipend
- Round-trip airfare to the United States
- Health insurance to pursue a Master’s degree that begins in the academic year 2024-2025.
- Candidates will also receive support from the Fulbright Program during the application process to American universities.
Who Qualifies to Apply for the Vietnamese Student Scholarship Program?
The Vietnamese Student Scholarship Program AY 2024-2025 competition is open to people who meet the following criteria:
- You must be a Vietnamese citizen (no dual citizenship and reside in Vietnam throughout the application & selection process)
- You must have at least one undergraduate degree
- Have at least two years of work experience after graduation by the time of application
- You must also have a valid minimum TOEFL iBT 79 or IELTS 6.5 or PTE-Academic 58 or Duolingo 105
Who Does Not Qualify to Apply for the Vietnamese Student Scholarship Program?
The following people are not eligible to apply for the Fulbright Vietnamese Student Program:
- Students who already received one Fulbright Student Program grant.
- Students who are currently living or studying in the United States and overseas.
- Candidates who have earned a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a U.S. college or university within the last three years.
- Local employees of the U.S. Mission in Vietnam who work for the U.S. Department of State and their immediate dependents are ineligible for grants during the period of their employment and for one year following the termination of employment.
- Candidates who have received any government scholarship for graduate study abroad within the past five years or have accepted any fully-funded scholarship for graduate study abroad.
Which fields of Study are Supported?
The Program supports study in most fields of social sciences and humanities, that includes the following:
- Agricultural Economics
- American Studies
- American Literature
- Art/Film Studies
- Business (all fields)
- Development Studies
- Environmental Studies
- Language/Literature (non-U.S.)
- Library Science
- Linguistics/Language Teaching
- Management of IT/Information system
- Public Administration
- Political Science
- Project/Program Management
- Public Policy
- Public Health
- Social Work
- Urban/Community Planning
- Women/Gender Studies
A brief introduction to each field of study is available here. Please contact the Fulbright office if your desired field of study is not on the list
How to Apply for the 2024-2025 Fulbright Vietnamese Student Scholarship Program
In order to apply for the 2024-2025 Scholarship for Vietnamese Students in the USA, follow the steps below
- Download the Application Guidelines and Application Checklist
- Read them carefully before starting your application
- Complete the online application form at: https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2024/
Documents Needed for the Fulbright Vietnamese Student Scholarship 2024-2025
- Two essays (study objectives and personal statement)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Transcript and degree (for each higher educational institution you list in your application)
- Required test score report
- Curriculum vitae
PLEASE NOTE: All components of the online application must be submitted by the deadline.
Vietnamese Student Scholarship Program AY 2024-2025 Selection Criteria
Competition is based on academic and professional merits, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, geographic location, socio-economic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Preference is given to those without recent or substantial experience in the United States. A successful applicant is someone who can:
- Demonstrate a clear and detailed description of the study objectives and show a clear connection between their study objectives and future goals through a compelling set of essays.
- Have a depth and breadth of work experience in their intended field of study and a full understanding of the field.
- Demonstrate leadership potential based on participation in academic, extra-curricular, community, and professional development activities, and personal attributes.
- Show dedication to Vietnam and potential to make a positive impact upon return
- Contribute to promoting mutual understanding between the people of the United States and Vietnam through educational and cultural exchange activities.
- Be willing to be a cultural ambassador of Vietnam.
- Have demonstrated academic excellence and strong English proficiency.
VIETNAMESE STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM YP 2024-2025 TIMELINE
- Competition announced and application materials available: December 2022
- Deadline for submission of application: 17 April 2023
- Application review and semi-finalist selection: June – July 2023
- Interviews & finalist selection: August 2023
- Finalists (re)take GRE/GMAT/TOEFL iBT/IELTS: September – October 2023
- Submission of applications to U.S. universities: November 2023 – March 2024
- University placements confirmed: April – May 2024
- Pre-departure orientation: May or June 2024
- Medical check-up and visa application: June – July 2024
- Departure: July – August 2024
CONTACT: For further information, please read the Frequently Asked Questions or contact Ms. Huy Thi Hanh, Program Assistant at (024) 3850-5089 or email: VNFulbright@state.gov. Fulbright Scholarship Vietnam 2024-2025
OTHER RELATED LINKS:
- Fulbright Scholarship Vietnam 2024-2025