Lester B. Pearson Scholarship in Canada for International Students 2024-2025
Lester B. Pearson Scholarship in Canada 2024-2025
The Lester B. Pearson International Student Scholarships at the University of Toronto has been announced to provide an unparalleled opportunity for outstanding international students to study at one of the world’s best universities in one of the world’s most multicultural cities. The scholarship program is intended to recognize students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity and who are recognized as leaders within their school. A special emphasis is placed on the impact the student has had on the life of their school and community, and their future potential to contribute positively to the global community. This article details an applicant’s eligibility criteria and every process an applicant has to follow.
Awarded annually, these scholarships recognize outstanding students from around the world, including international students studying at Canadian high schools. This is U of T’s most prestigious and competitive scholarship for international students. The Lester B. Pearson International Student Scholarships will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years. The scholarship is tenable only at the University of Toronto for first-entry, undergraduate programs. Each year approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
To be eligible to apply for the Lester B. Pearson International Student Scholarships, the applicant must be:
- an international student (i.e., a non-Canadian requiring a study permit).
- currently in your final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2025
- beginning your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2024 (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2022 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
How to Apply for Lester B. Pearson International Student Scholarships
To become Lester B. Pearson International Student Scholarships, you must be nominated by your school and apply to undergraduate studies at the University of Toronto. Ask your school guidance counselor about being nominated. Once you’ve been nominated and have applied to the University of Toronto, you will be sent a personalized, secure link to the Lester B. Pearson International Student Scholarships application.
Lester B. Pearson International Student Scholarships Scholars are students who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement and creativity, who are accepted as leaders within their school, and who have the potential to contribute to the global community in the future. They can be distinguished from other students who may have equally high academic results by virtue of their breadth of interest, intellectual energy, and impact on the life of their school and community.
To apply, you will need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application to participate in our program, available here. (External link)) (external link)
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto (external link) to begin your studies in 2024 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines (external link). Please be advised that you will be considered for the Pearson Scholarship for your first choice of a program at U of T. You may apply for several programs and may receive admission to them all; however, the Pearson Scholarship, if awarded to you, would be restricted to your first choice of a program at U of T at the time our scholarship decisions are made.
- Once we’ve received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
Application closes in September 2024
For more information, click here to be directed to the official website of the University