Canada-CARICOM Skills Training for the Green Economy Scholarships 2024-2025
Good news! The Government of Canada has announced the Canada-CARICOM Skills Training for the Green Economy Scholarships (CCSTGE) program for this year. In this article, we have carefully laid down the process and general requirement needed to apply for the scholarship.
The program provides students from the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) member states with short-term exchange opportunities at publicly funded Canadian colleges and institutes. The scholarships support college-level students in programs or disciplines linked to the green economy, or with elements related to sustainability, combating environmental degradation, and/or regenerative practices. The Canada-CARICOM Skills Training for the Green Economy Scholarships is a Short-term Exchange Program under Global Affairs Canada’s International Scholarships Program.
To be eligible, you must be:
- A citizen of a CARICOM member state
- Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, or Trinidad and Tobago
- A student enrolled full-time at a post-secondary institution (College or Institute) in an eligible country/territory.
- A paying tuition fees to that institution at the time of application and for the full duration of your exchange
Students are not eligible for this scholarship if:
- Student hold or have a pending application for Canadian citizenship or permanent residency.
- Students are already participating in a scholarship program funded by the Government of Canada
- Students are already enrolled in a degree, diploma or certificate program at a Canadian post-secondary institution.
How to Apply for Canada-CARICOM Skills Training for the Green Economy Scholarships
Applicant must follow the steps listed below:
- Assign a program coordinator to completes application.
- Login or Create an account on Momentum to apply for the scholarship on behalf of students.
- Once you have logged into your account, select the Canada-CARICOM Skills Training for the Green Economy Scholarships Program in the “For Non Canadians” section and click on “Apply Now”
- Enter data in the fields marked mandatory and follow instructions for each item.
- Upload all required supporting documents. Each document must be smaller than 5 MB and in .pdf, .jpg, .doc, .docx, .txt or .gif format.
- Verify the data prior to submission.
- Click “SUMBIT”. You will receive a confirmation message and a reference number for submitted applications.
Print the form for your records using the print function in the browser.
Conditions for successful students selected for the scholarship agree to:
- engage in full-time studies or research as defined by the Canadian institution.
- abstain from clinical training or clinically-oriented research involving direct patient-care
- focus primarily on full-time studies or research during your stay in Canada
- return to your home institutions after the scholarship period to complete your studies.
Application closes on November 2024
We thank you for having time on our blog page. For more information, kindly visit our site here.